Sunday, November 23, 2008

Migrated Entry 03: How Much for School?

Just how much am I paying for my Jesuit education? I really cannot quantify. I haven’t seen the sum total of my enrollment fees for the last four years. I squirm in horror when I think of it, tallying up those numbers that at the end of four years will give me the piece of paper telling my future slave drivers just how good a slave I was; running after ungrammatical teachers and old hags. (bato bato sa langit, pag tamaan…masakit)

There isn’t much difference between the now and the time when they took the Negroes to England to man (or woman) the kitchen, or stables. I feel that my Jesuit education, as they emphasize it, is only making my ticket to the next master a little bigger, maybe a bit dressier.

That’s why I so dislike people who take expensive education for granted. I feel that you have no right to be kikay, devote time and effort in putting mascara and concealer and blotting oil control sheets on your face, when you do not even know the basic subject-verb agreement. I think that you better stick to learning the APA standards of citation and stop plagiarizing your research papers, and even journals!(in addition to submitting them on time with the proper number of pages) before you even start to play your video games and playing cards, before you pick up the keys and go to a bar.

And what’s more, I do not think people have the right to get laid when they were asleep in health and sex class, go running to me,crying, and asking me what to do. Eh kung di ka tatanga-tanga… I am itching to say.

It’s a free country of course. And I do not stop people who do those things I mentioned. But that doesn’t mean that I’ll start liking what they do. I am not a frigid person. I enjoy the sins (0r are they really?) of the flesh just as much as the next person. But hell, lust is no excuse for stupidity.

Some people think that I have no social life. I do. I drink and go to bars, dance and have fun. But it does not compromise my performance, wherever.

I asked Keeshia if I am a mean person by saying all this. She answered a resounding YES. But then, I really mean all this. Take it, hate me or not, this is my piece.

And yes, I can be mean,pala.

1 comments:

ME BUDDHA BANANA said...

great entry....and NO, youre not mean